debstmomy's grief journey

A blog about my grief journey over the life & death of my baby girl, Alexa Rose.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

My kids went back to school this week. I am so so glad. My house is now quiet. I can think. I can cry. I can scream. I can sleep. It is nice. Some may say, that is not very AP of me, oh well. My kids are older, & independent & most importantly they LOVE school. While some parents have to fight to get their kids to school, I do not. While, I totally believe in homeschooling, it is not for me nor my kids.
Picture of my kids on their first day:
Speaking of school. I went back myself. That was a very hard decision. I am taking a no brainer photography class. Specifically, a digital photography class. We need to burn our photos onto CD's That is a problem, as my CD burner is not working. I asked if I can upload photos to a website & go from there. The instructer & I checked it out & all of Alexa's pictures are there. So she sees I had a baby & asked about her. I had to tell her she was stillborn & tears form in my eyes. She said that we do not need to talk about it. NO NO NO I tell her, I love talking about my baby. Do not kill her twice by not awknowledging her. She said ok. There is a book about healing through photography. She said she would let me read it. I hope she remembers.
Another thing that has helped tremendously is knitting. I have kept on knitting. Instead of soakers I am knitting purses. I started a new knitting blog: http://debstmomy.blogspot.com/ Check it out if you like!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home