debstmomy's grief journey

A blog about my grief journey over the life & death of my baby girl, Alexa Rose.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

A year ago today: I was at the Beauty & The Beast broadway show performance. I knew I was pregnant. I was freaking out. What about school? Oh shit I am going to be a new Mom AGAIN. What the HELL am I going to do??? This was not part of the five year plan!!!! Kids are happy, Matt is in shock. I am in DENIAL! Am I really not going to be able to start nursing school, because I am going to be NURSING!!! WTF!! I am nauseated. I need to leave this theatre now, I do not feel good! Play is over, we go to Olive Garden. Still feeling sick. Oh shit! Did I really just tell my cousins I am pregnant. OH SHIT! I am pregnant!!! How the fuck did that happen??????


Today: Holy shit. My baby is dead. Wow this year has really changed me. What am I supposed to do NOW???? No more 5 year plan. No baby that is nursing. My kids are sad. I am sad. My husband is sad. We keep living. The sun comes up the sun goes down. Life keeps going. What is the point of it all??? I have no answers. I never thought I would be sitting her typing a year later how messed up it all is. How I feel sad at random times. How I have to try to feel joy in each day. How I feel that the universe had played a mean cruel joke on the Salmon family. How everything I have been taught is a lie.
I have new friends. They are WONDERFUL. I have old friends, they are THE BEST. I am thankful for my friends.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Korin said…

    Oh man Cristina. My heart is just breaking for you. I hate that all I can post is how sorry I am, and how i'm sending you love... but it's really all there is, isn't it?
    All you can do is watch the sun come up in the morning, and watch it go down at the end of the day.... and just remember to breathe in and breathe out.
    Love you. K

     

Post a Comment

<< Home