debstmomy's grief journey

A blog about my grief journey over the life & death of my baby girl, Alexa Rose.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Well here we are in december. Back in June this seemed like an eternity away. Now we are here. I guess time still goes on even when it feels like it is standing still.
Matt & I had our 14 year anniversary yesterday. It was one year ago that I heard my babies heart beat for the first time. Wow, I can still hear it in my head, swoosh swoosh swoosh. Sigh. We did not do anything special for our anniversary. Ambers PTA reflections entry, I Wonder Why...My Sister Had To Die won at her school & district level. It is on its way to the County level. Last night was a small award ceremony & then Amber had theatre rehersal. I came down with Strep Throat. I must have contracted it at Disneyland last Sunday. I woke up with a sore throat yesterday & drank loads of tea, & by last night it was so painful. I woke up at midnight & took 1 part of a Z-Pac, but then went to the doc today & got a full round of anitbiotics.
Tonight is opening night of Babes in Toyland for Amber. I feel bad we can not be there opening night, but I am too sick. She understands. I have such a compassionate daughter. I am so lucky.
Today both Austin & Amber had their parent/teacher conferences. Both are doing very well in school, in spite of the tragedy they are dealing with. I am very VERY proud of them. I am so lucky to have such great kids & a wonderful husband. Ok back to bed to heal. Here is Ambers PTA entry,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Korin said…

    Amber's entry is beautiful. You ahve such a loving family :)
    I hope you feel better soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home