debstmomy's grief journey

A blog about my grief journey over the life & death of my baby girl, Alexa Rose.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Thirty-Six years ago today, 10/16/1969, a little baby girl was born. Her life was destined to be blessed, but also one full of many challenges. She over came a HORRIBLE education experience. She found true love & married him. She had beautiful babies even though one was stolen from her. She has had many wonderful friends along the way & some true enemies. She has seen and felt hate, but thank goodness love remains in her heart. Yes, I am talking about myself. When I reflect on the major events in my life that have molded the person I have become I wonder. I wonder, what if I had let that hate that I experienced when I was so young encapsulate me? What would have become of me? Thank goodness I had just as much love in my life as I did the hate.
Today is not the way I planned it to be, that is for sure. But life keeps going & changing. I get to see a baby be born today or early tomorrow. A friend is in labor & has asked me to be there as her doula. My first birth since I lost my daughter, on my birthday. Is that irony or what????

2 Comments:

  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Korin said…

    Happy birthday my sweet friend. I hope the birth goes beautifully, and brings you some healing.
    Much love, K

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger april said…

    Happy belated Birthdy mama. How did the birth go and how are you feeling about it? I know it must have been both hard yet joyous occasion for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home