debstmomy's grief journey

A blog about my grief journey over the life & death of my baby girl, Alexa Rose.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Fathers Day

Today is Fathers Day. What a solemn day for my husband. We have been so busy that I did not even get him a card. I keep reminding him & myself that we are parents of three. Two here on earth with us & one in heaven.
I realized a fear in all this grief. I fear forgetting my baby Alexa. I had her such a short time& our memories are so few. I only knew her inside me. I keep journaling how strong her movements were so that I do not forget. With my other two children, those memories have faded and that is ok because I have them on the outside. With Alexa that is all I have. Remember Mom, remember.
Today I seem stronger. I guess I will have days like this, so strong & others where I weep uncontrollably. Both are ok. I am walking through my grief & sorrow. It is a long journey & I have just begun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home